Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nerves of Jello

10 days to run day and I'm getting psyched.  Yes, I'm certainly excited, and scared as well.  I hope that these final days of fund raising go well, I would really like to see the total blossom.  I know I've got several friends who are going to come through and some who have been seeking donations from others on my behalf.
I got to speak to the kids at Park Forest Elementary School this afternoon.  That was a really neat experience.  You would think that, being a teacher, talking to kids would be no big deal.  But it was.  These kids are younger than I am used to working with and the looks on their faces was wonderful.  They seemed to be looking in wonder as I talked about diabetes, its causes and effects, and the duration of the run.  I hope that it helps to get them interested in getting involved.
Tim from TRY Chips emailed me today and asked for a photo and bio for their web page.  That makes me really happy.  I hope that I can be a worthwhile ambassador for all of these folks who have stepped forward to support me.
My brother-in-law, Jeff, and I drove around State College tonight planning the course from school to school.  I started working on this so long ago, it seems as though it should be solved, but things are still coming together for which schools I can meet and when. It seems like a long way to go from Park Forest to Mount Nittany Middle School.  It used to seem like a long way to run from the house to route 550 as well.  Now, the 12 miles home don't seem too bad.
 I'm excited that Molly will be following me throughout the day and that lots of others are going to be with me through the evening, night, and morning.  I really have a lot of special people in my life.  I've said it before and I will say it over again.    I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment