Monday, March 7, 2011

Couch to 100K

Okay, So I'm not exactly starting from nothing, but I'm not far from there.  I am still looking to get my head in the right place and so I'm putting it out there for all to see.  If I post, that means that I exercised.  Specifically, I ran or did some run-like activity (elliptical or stair-climber).  If I don't post, it means that I need to be harassed into getting out there, twice if need be.  I remember reading the book I Am Third, by Gale Sayers, and he worked out twice a day for the next six days if he missed a day.  I can't guarantee I will do that, but if it is a possibility, then maybe I will just NOT MISS.
So today I ran 4 and walked a fifth to stretch out and cool down.  It was a beautiful day following a wild day yesterday when more than 8 inches (20 cm) of snow fell.  I got my strength work in clearing the driveway, so I'm tired, but really happy with the day's productivity.

The big day is 74 days away.  Details to come on the format of the run.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Steve! NOW GET OUT THERE AND RUN! lol. If you want a large group to hound you, hop on dailymile.com and log your miles, let people know you need nudged :) It's a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mark. Your support is appreciated greatly. I think I will take you advice and let total strangers get on my case ! :)

    ReplyDelete