Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Committee Meeting

Tonight was the JDRF committee meeting to help prepare for the walk.  Three kids from the State College high school came to represent the Key Club and the Delta Program.  One of the kids was Emily, a student that I had in class about 5 years ago.  She has done many things since then and is going to do many more amazing things.

 It is time to begin the fundraising in earnest as well as the training.  It sort of makes sense, I'm doing this to raise money to fund diabetes research in search of a cure.  If I'm diving into the run, it is high time that I go headlong into the fundraising.  Yes, that means that I will be coming calling soon.  You knew it was coming :) As I said many times last year, this is the whole reason I am doing this, I want a cure for this terrible disease and the effects on the body that are so devastating.
I was approached by a teacher at school today about how she could get kids involved, so I'm pretty excited about that.  Awareness will build demand for movement in a positive direction.

So, I didn't run today.  But wait !  I did lift weights, throw the medicine ball around a lot and . . .
I had been looking online at plans to improve fitness doing normal things like sit-ups, pushups and squats.  There are websites to take you from where you are to 100 sit-ups, 100 pushups, and 200 squats.  Since I had the kids there to challenge me, I told them about this and decide that I needed to out-do each of them.  I am very pleased to say that I kept great form and did my 200 squats.  I have to admit that I am as amazed as anyone might be.  You will notice hat I didn't start with the pushups or most notably the sit-ups ;)

I was reading the Bible this morning and a verse really hit me (okay a couple verses) that make me really happy and make me feel strong, unbeatable really.  I am embarrassed to say how strong, but the strength isn't mine, so that makes me okay with it.

Psalm 62:1-2
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment