Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Time and the Living is . .

The winter is flying by.  It is awesome to see the daylight so early in the morning and so late in the evening.  Six o'clock and it is still light enough to get around outside !   I'm really excited, as you can tell, because the lack of daylight is one thing that makes getting moving difficult.  Any obstacle I can get out of the way has to help.  I've even started doing some core work.  Not a lot, mind you, but some.  That is a big step up since last year.
So, my brother registered for the MegaTransect this year.  It's not that I'm competitive, but I don't want him to run me into the ground.  Actually, I'm hoping to have to wait for him along the way :)  I sure hope no body tells him.  He's ten years younger than I am.  He doesn't need the added advantage of being more motivated to whoop me.
It is awfully icy around here, but the treadmill, the stair climber and the rowing machine have been kind to me.  Not nearly as punishing as running on the roads either.  I even got out on cross-country skis a couple of times.  Cross training is a good thing.
Thanks to all for the support and encouragement.

Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do, in word or in act, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving praise to God the Father through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment