Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Making progress

What a beautiful day!  The weather is nice, but the beauty of the day has little to do with that.  I got out of bed at 5 AM and got on the bike for an hour, did some sit ups, pushups, etc. and even stretched.  Whew!  I know, not much to speak of, but more than I've been doing.  The journey of a thousand miles as they say.

We had a great weekend.  Molly and I went to a marriage conference at our church on Friday and Saturday.  "The Art of Marriage" was really well done.  It is a video series with short projects to be done with your love between the sessions.  As corny as I thought it might be, it was anything but.  The love that I have for Molly has never wavered, but the like I have for her was renewed.  What a treat.  I strongly recommend it

The trade mentioned in the last post is coming to fruition.  I am trading the cross country skis for a microscope.  I'll post some details on the 'scope a little later, but the deal is done.  If you're interested in making the next trade drop me a line and we'll check into it.

I finished watching Running the Sahara this morning while I was on the bike.  I can not imagine being with the same small group of people for nearly 4 months without any kind of break.  The run was a physically amazing accomplishment, but the time spent in close quarters would be the challenge.  I've done week long backpacking trips where others were ready to eliminate me.  The run and the documenting of it in the movie will help bring an audience to the scarcity of clean water in Africa through a program called H2OAfrica.  Check it out.

TIme to get ready for school.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment