Monday, February 7, 2011

Trading . . .

Last year, I decide to try to emulate the "one red paperclip" endeavor.  For those of you unfamiliar with this project, Kyle MacDonald decided to trade a paperclip for another item and then trade this new item for another.  You get the idea.  He wanted to get a house.  It all began rather "normally," until he traded a keg of beer for a snowmobile and a snowmobile for a trip to Yahk, British Columbia.  Long story short, too late, he traded a movie role for a house.  It took him a year.  Big difference between Kyle and me, he was willing to go anywhere in the world to make the trade.  I'm really not able to do that unless this thing goes viral (I know they make medicine for that now ;)  ) and I make tons of money in appearance fees.

Anyway, I traded 3 new golf balls for a pair of cross country skis.  This week, I am trading the cross country skis - I'll let you know what for later.  Who knows where it could all go, but I would eventually like to end up with a solo racing type canoe or kayak.  I really enjoy doing run, bike, paddle triathlons and this would make them more fun.

So, you may notice the addition of ads to this page in addition to the signs of supporters of my runs.  I decided that I would go ahead and "monetize" my site.  Any money that comes in because of this will be donated, in full, to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  I hope that this doesn't offend anyone, as I think the end justifies the means.

Well, time for some rest.  I plan to get in a snowy run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment