Monday, February 21, 2011

'Scope in Hand

I made the trade yesterday.  I passed on the cross country skis and picked up a Bausch & Lomb compound microscope.  It is in the original styrofoam packing and has the 3 objectives in sealed containers, even the original plastic dust cover.  This would have been a school model  I'm sure as it looks just like the ones I have in my classroom now.  The serial number is on it, but I'm not sure if the the model is 255 or not.

Anyway, I am looking for the next trade.  I will post photos as soon as I can.

Snow, sleet and freezing rain today, so I spent some time on the treadmill.  I'm going to hit the hay soon so that I can get up nice and early tomorrow and put in some distance.

I'm excited to call Ray Zahab later this week.  He emailed me back again, gave me his number and said I should call this week.  I hope we can work something out for the fall to get him in to talk to the kids at my school.  His efforts on behalf of others are certainly inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment