Monday, April 19, 2010

One Month

A month is a long time, and a short time.  I am excited and nervous about the run to come.  Closer to today is the Ridgway triathlon.  This weekend, we will head up to Ridgway and brave the elements.  I have really enjoyed the challenge over the past several years.  I don't know yet if I will be paddling a canoe or kayak.  My preference could go either way.  With the kayak you get 2 paddle blades, the canoe is a little longer.  I'm more comfortable in the canoe, but the kayak could make things fun and different.  Ah, we'll see what happens.

I need to thank some students for their donations.  John, Kevin and PSU student James put some seed money into a couple of collection jars today.  Let's hope they take root and grow quickly !  Betty and a friend of Pete's also provided some cash donations.  I will be mailing in all of the checks and cash that has come in over the past couple of weeks.  That will make the website total go up pretty nicely.

I've been getting a lot of different visits to the blog recently.  I hope that these visits turn into contributions for JDRF.  I'm really happy that the project has brought in the funds it has, so far, but I am pretty far from my goal.  Good things are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment