Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Follow Up

In the days following this year's event, I am so pleased to report that there have been no ill effects of going sunrise to sunset.  I really had little soreness and no lasting pain at all.  The rolling pin effect on the quads did the trick and the wonderful support from everyone made this a true team success.
I'm pasting the new text from my JDRF page below because I think it sums up my feelings pretty well.

The next thing on the horizon is the MegaTransect in October with perhaps another event or two in between.  I am really looking forward to doing this year's Mega with my brother, Brad.  It is going to be a great day.  I must say that I truly hope that he is challenged by the course and the distance and that I can be positive and supporting the whole way.

What a great day May 20th was!  Molly and her sister, Alice, met me at several places along the run on a rainy morning.  They met me at Jabco-Maggi Mitsubishi where we all said hello to John Jabco and thanked him for the tremendous support he and the dealership have provided the past couple of years.
Next, WTAJ and WJAC met us at Boalsburg Elementary School for some precious press coverage for JDRF.  It is so neat to see how far reaching the television coverage goes in spreading the word about the effects of diabetes.  Even yesterday, 2 weeks after the event, people are stopping along the road to tell me that they saw the story on TV.  I think the only way to show people what can be done is to try what many won't.  Fear of not reaching the goal is often the major limiting factor to what we will try.

This year was definitely more difficult than last year because I did not train well enough.  However, with the support of friends, we were able to do big things and make it through tough times.  This was a very appropriate analogy of the diabetic's daily life.  God is good and allows us to do wonderful things to bring Glory to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment