Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time is short

Well, I have to apologize for not keeping up with this blog.  I had written earlier that if I didn't run, I wouldn't post.  The idea was, of course, that I would put pressure on myself to get out the door.  I must admit that I am getting out more, mostly for runs of 3 to 6 miles.  Last weekend I had a couple that were a bit longer, but not a lot.

I have been sending emails for fundraising and have begun to get some nice responses.  Not only am I asking for monetary donations, but also for prayer.  Prayer for me, for researchers, for those afflicted with diabetes, and for their families and loved ones as well.  I have been hearing a lot about people struggling with blood sugar control and they are frustrated because things are not combining the way they seem that they should.  It is very disconcerting to do everything by the book and still end up with a reading in the 200s and 300s.  This is why we must move forward in the search for a cure.

Nine days to go and I have resigned myself to the fact that this year is going to be much more challenging than last year.  Even though the distance is much shorter, the difference in my fitness is vast.  I am beginning to look at this as a positive, though.  It will certainly be a greater struggle to run/walk for over 14 hours and to try to get past the 62 mile mark.  That will make me appreciate the struggles those with diabetes have EVERY DAY.

Thanks for stopping by.  To God be the glory.  It is awesome to know He is in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment