Friday, May 4, 2012

2 Weeks Away

I am so incredibly blessed.  I have so many amazing people around me to encourage and support me.  I wish that I could be that supportive of Molly and help her with dealing with the unknown and unexpected effects of her diabetes.  Sometimes I think that offering a suggestion is a good thing, while at other times it really seems as though it would be callous of me to even mention what I think might be beneficial.  So many factors influence blood sugar levels, and the same application of insulin to carbohydrates can vary dramatically based on these variables.  And that is why it is important to find a cure.

I'm starting to get to the excited stage when the run seems just around the corner, but there is still lots to do.  I want to avoid the bonking that can happen due to poor electrolyte balance and low energy stores.  I've been there, done that and I don't want to do it again.  I think overnight accompanists are going to be fewer this year, but that adds to the excitement and the challenge.  I know I'll have Pete, John, Jeff, Neil, Karen, Mark, and Bob at various times.  I just wish that I had "Scooter" to help me out again!  I know he is enjoying Florida, though.

Well, time to get out for now.  Donate to JDRF and come run or walk with me.  I'm not fast, I just keep moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment