Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rats, no - Pigs

Well, I suppose it is good to get right to it.  I am pretty sure I've got H1N1.  I've been in bed for a couple of days now and finally have an excuse other than laziness.  I can stay awake for all of an hour or so before I need a nap, so things are looking up.  Why is it that doing a long run always looks the most appetizing when you can't do it.  I am looking outside a the rain thinking how good it would feel to be taking a jaunt in the woods, but obviously am not going to be doing for a while.  No worries, though.  It is a long time until May.  I have been watching some videos on YouTube of ultra-runners doing some of the awesome events out west.
I've been getting a lot of letters sent out to businesses and am looking forward to sending more.  Thanks to Corey and Jess, and Bob and Maure, and Bill for their donations so far.  30 grand seems like a lot of money, but I know it is doable.  I also am looking forward to breaking 100 miles.  The thing that is daunting to me is not the distance but the duration of being awake.  Especially right now.  There are a lot of people who do it, okay maybe not a lot, but some so I know it is possible.  I am counting on those around me to keep me pumped overnight. One really helpful guy, you know who you are Bass, has graciously offered to move 1/4 mile ahead of me and taunt me.  That way, I will be angry enough to make it through the night.  Now we all see how you are, buddy :)
I have been so happy with the response of my friends as I have been working on getting things settled.  It doesn't hurt that they think I'm "not all there" but are very supportive anyway.  Thanks, folks.
I need to get back to sleep now. I've been up for nearly two hours, a record.
Tell your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment