Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moving along

Well, things seem to be moving along.  I've got a little financial support from friends and am over 1/1000th of the way to my goal !   I have sent quite a few business letters out and have only had one return, albeit a negative response.  Kind of a bummer, but I am motivated to beat the bushes more because of it.  As part of my day on May 21, I will be visiting several of the district's schools.  I really hope that I am able to verbalize the impact that diabetes has on folks, both the person with the disease and the families.
Because Molly is such a great patient, I often take for granted that things are easy for her.  When her blood sugar is high and she feels that she has done everything right, it is frustrating for her.  This, in turn, affects everyone around her as she seeks to get the balance right and to fight off the physical and emotional manifestations of the hyperglycemia.  She is a great inspiration to me.  Don't tell her, though.  :)
It is strange to think about the nearness of the run day and how far away it is.  I really have a lot of training to do and a ton of fundraising.  I spend a lot of time preparing mentally already as well as spending time writing letters and telling people about the event.  I must admit that I love many of the responses I get.  For some reason people think this is a crazy thing to do.  I keep thinking about the short term inconvenience I am causing myself to try and let people know about the awesome impact diabetes has on its victims.
See you on the roads, trails, and hallways !

No comments:

Post a Comment