Tuesday, February 23, 2010

3 months

Three months to go!  I am getting really excited!  The actual event just around the corner.  When I think about the taper at the end so that I am not too tired at the start of the run, I am getting down to the edge of my preparation.  I had a really nice day on Saturday.  I got in about 2 1/2 hours on my own and then Pat joined me for another hour or so.  I then ran another 20 minutes to finish up.   It was the perfect pace for me and I felt better and better as the run went on.  I still have to get in runs more than twice as long - which is pretty ominous - but I feel good about how things are coming along.
I'm sleeping really well and waking up ready to go, I just have to get my butt out of bed and go.  The weather is actually getting better.  Not quite so cold and the snow is plowed back away from the road edges.  I feel a lot safer than a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks to all of the donors! I am over $2000 !  Some days things seem to be moving slowly, and then folks come through with more donations for JDRF and I feel good about what I am trying to do all over again.  I really appreciate the support so many of you have shown me over the past few months.  What am I saying (typing)?  I have had huge amounts of support all of my life.  I like to dream and I haven't been any reason not to do so.  I'm so blessed to have great people around me who believe in me and are not afraid to help me make my dreams come true.

I've had two runners come forth through the Nittany Valley Running Club that would like to run with me.  Coincidentally, both are named Steve.  My hesitancy in asking asking others to join me is that I will not be going fast enough for those folks.  Runner friends keep telling me that speed is not what I am to be worried about, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.  I have strayed away from any sort of speed at all, but have enjoyed going further and further.  I suppose it is just another stage of life.

Oh well, I'm going to watch the team nordic combined and then hit the sack.  It would be good to get in a couple of hours in the morning.  God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment