Monday, September 19, 2011

Off and Running


I had a couple of great conversations this evening.  First, I went to a meeting of People Centre'd on Diabetes.  It is a local group dedicated to informing people about diabetes.  I contacted them through their website and they invited me to their September meeting to share a bit about what I've done and how I would like to work with them.  I presented myself to them as a tool to be used to help those with diabetes be motivated to work for good control and healthy lifestyles (to minimize complications) as well as to help  make people aware of risks and available diagnosis tools.  They had several ideas that I hope we are able t put into motion soon.

The second conversation was with Ray Zahab.  I had asked him to work his brain about the project for this year's JDRF fundraiser.  Coincidently, his idea about the effort tied nicely into some of the ideas the folks at PCoD had proposed.  I am always a bit nervous calling Ray, though he is very gracious and seems to enjoy our conversations.  It is just that he has done some pretty awesome things.  Whether it is realistic or not, accurate or not, even deserved or not, I feel as though we are similar in some ways.  I hope that it is not being proud or conceited to think that I may have had an influence on people the way he has.  

It is motivating to me to think about doing good.  I don't believe that I get "extra points" for doing good works, but the joy of being blessed makes me want to do so.  

“NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost” (Titus 3:5)

May God bless you, reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment