Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here is what I'm thinking

I'm not very good at keeping my thoughts to myself.  At least not very good when I'm trying to make an impact.  I really want to make an impact.  I can't say why that is except that I want to make a difference in a lot of lives, especially the life of my wife.

So, here is what I'm proposing.  I'm going to lift a million pounds.  Of course, not all at once.  I know that some may not see that as a big deal, but I am not a weight lifter, not by a long shot.  But I'm motivated.  Not only is this a fundraising endeavor for a devastating illness, but my son has asked me to start lifting with him so that he can meet his wellness goal for high school.  How can someone resist those influences?  I've got to say I'm glad I can't.

Anyway, the lifting isn't the only part of the endeavor.  In fact, it may prove to be the easiest to complete.  I'm also going to bicycle 1500 miles.  I know, if you were to look at the time from October 1, through May 19, which is when I think the JDRF walk will be, it only amounts to 6.5 miles a day.  I ask only that you might remember that it will be winter most of the time, that I don't ride very often, and that it is for a good cause.

Oh yeah, there is more.  I am also going to run 750 miles in those 231 days.  I'm planning on the last 100 being during the last 24 hours ending with the JDRF walk at Medlar Field.

I want my effort to be worthy of the discomfort, of the neuropathy, heart disease, blindness, and amputations that diabetics deal with all the time.

Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment