Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ready? or Not.

It has been over a month since I have posted, but I will give you a really good reason (excuse).  I want to write, journal-like, to my wife and kids and I have not been doing this.  I really intend on doing this and, day after day I avoid it.  I realize that these entries need not be perfect in any way, but it is most important I get my thoughts, wanderings and wonderings recorded for them to read later.  I figured since I wasn't doing it for them, then I shouldn't be doing it for you.  Of course, the other side of that is that I can keep this blog and then everyone can read what is running through my mind.  Oh well, I'm here now and intend to get something out there for whatever reason or purpose.
So, the running has been tough lately.  I am still getting out several times a week, but the distances are not great.  I typically run 5 to 7 miles with one double digit run each week. It is not that I am out of shape, but I'm not sure I'm ready for the Dam Full which is coming up in just 12 days.  Tapering?  Who needs to taper if you don't get tired in the first place?   I am looking forward to the event because the food was great and the race was well organized when I did the half last year.  The volunteers really enjoy themselves and it shows in the great way that they treat the participants.
I've been listening to a lot of New Spring sermons and they are really hitting home.  Saved people serve.  Found people find people.  These sermons can get you convicted, so listen with caution !
Megatransect is less than a month away and I hope the weather is nice.  I am looking forward to a great day with fantastic support from the volunteers.  Get out and enjoy the beautiful fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment